Facebook Page Analytics
Facebook Insights has helped us determine the tastes and interests of our customer demographics.
This section provides a snapshot of the last seven days of your Pages performance. It focuses on 3 core areas:
· Page Likes: Total and new likes for your Page
· Post Reach: Total number of unique people who were shown your Page and posts
· Engagement: Total number of unique people who engaged with your Page, as well as different engagement types
In the Likes section you will see 3 core metrics:
· Page Likes: The total Page likes for each day, over a 28-day period
· Net Likes: The number of new likes minus the number of unlikes
· Where Your Page Likes Happened: The number of times your Page was liked, broken down by where it happened
The Reach section shows you:
· Post Reach: The number of people your post was served to, broken down by paid and organic reach
· Likes, comments and shares: The positive engagement that helps you reach more people
· Hide, Report as Spam and Unlike: Negative engagement will decrease the number of people you reach
· Total Reach: The number of people who were served any activity from your Page
Under Visits you will see:
· Page and Tab Visits: The number of times each of your Page tabs was viewed
· External Referrers: The number of times people came to your Page from a website off of Facebook
The Posts tab is divided into the following 3 sections:
· When Your Fans Are Online: Shows you when the people who like your Page are on Facebook content
· Posts Type: Displays the success of different post types based on average reach and engagement
· Top Posts from Pages You Watch: Gives you the engagement of posts from the Pages you're watching
The Videos section will show you 3 things:
· Video Views: Number of times your Page's videos were viewed for 3 seconds or more
· 30-Second Views: Number of times your Page's videos were viewed for 30 seconds or more. If a video is less than 30 seconds, this counts when people view 97 percent of it.
· Top Videos: Most viewed videos on your Page watched for 3 seconds or more.
The People tab is divided into Your Fans, People Reached and People Engaged.
· Your Fans: View the gender, age, location and language of the people who like your Page
· People Reached: See the people your post was served to in the past 28 days
· People Engaged: Find out who has liked, commented on, shared your posts or engaged with your Page in the past 28 days. Once you know who your most engaged audience is, you can better tailor your Boosted Posts to them.
How to download data from Facebook Insights.
Go to Facebook Insights, and click on “Export Data” on the top right of your page.
When you see a small box like the above pop up, choose between page, post, and video data.
Now, select a date range for the data. You will need to choose this based on how often you look at and report the data on your page.
Next, choose a file format. If you have no preference or idea what to choose, leave the option as “Excel (.xls)”. That’s what I normally do.
Facebook Insight Extract:
· Key Metrics
· Daily Like Source
· Daily Total frequency distri...
· Weekly Total frequency distr...
· 28 Days Total frequency dist...